One million users of ChatGPT in January 2023, as it exceeded one million users in the first 5 days of its launch, with an average of 25 million visitors per day!
While I am writing this article, I think most people have heard about ChatGPT, which is an application of artificial intelligence that represents a real revolution in the technological world. Rather, ChatGPT is an earthquake that shakes the world of searching for information on the Internet.
The ChatGPT program is the latest product of the Open AI company that Elon Musk, Stephen Hawking, and others participated in many years ago, as their goal was for artificial intelligence to be at the service of humanity. ChatGPT is now available for everyone, free of charge, and in several languages.
Find out everything related to ChatGPT and continue reading the article that includes the following titles:
- What is ChatGPT?
- What are the uses of ChatGPT?
- How ChatGPT works
- Steps to register in ChatGPT
- Advantages and disadvantages of ChatGPT
- Difference between chatbots and ChatGPT
- The importance of ChatGPT in the field of digital marketing
- Role of ChatGPT in the Digital Marketing Industry
What is ChatGPT?
First, we will learn about the concept of the term ChatGPT, and what this program is.
Chat stands for chat, and GPT is an acronym for generative pre-trained transformer. In the sense that this program has been trained in advance, by giving it very large amounts of text, then asking it to summarize it, then correcting and modifying it time after time, so that its performance improves and it becomes able to answer.
ChatGPT is a natural language program or application, in the sense that we can ask it to talk to it: write me a summary, find me a topic, help me find a solution to a problem, suggest ideas for so-and-so, etc. As if I were talking to an expert, a specialist, or even a close friend, and he answers me in a language that is understandable and smooth, as if it were a real natural language!
This is a big difference compared to search engines like Google which provide you with links to website pages as a result of your search for information. But what ChatGPT does is that it takes the hassle out of searching between links that may not meet your desire and will not answer your questions clearly and directly.
Exactly, this is the ChatGPT program, as if it provides you with information on a plate of gold. It gives you exactly what you are looking for, as if it is searching everywhere, and presents you with this very accurate summary or conclusion.
Therefore, Google considered it a very big threat to its future and is now thinking about how it should deal with this huge development and the very rapid leap in the era of artificial intelligence.
What are the uses of ChatGPT?
In light of the huge demand for ChatGPT, users are trying to make the most of this wonderful invention that has facilitated complex procedures and cumbersome work and saved time. Here are some of the most important uses of ChatGPT:
- Create a professional resume and write a cover letter.
- Explain and clarify complex topics that you may not find on Google
- Solve difficult math problems step by step
- Providing consultations and advice about relationships and transactions in various fields
- Writing poems, novels, stories, scenarios, and musical scores with a creative sense
- Writing, debugging, and explaining code and programming codes
- Create all kinds of content in multiple languages such as articles, publications, meta descriptions, ads, reports, research, studies, news summaries, and emails.
- Prepare for a job interview and assist the user with questions and answers
- Writing proposals, plans, and strategies.
- Write comprehensive long articles on any topic or person.
- For entertainment and communication, you can chat with him as a friend or a person and talk to him at any time
How ChatGPT works:
As mentioned in the definition of ChatGPT is a generative language paradigm based on the architecture of “adapters”. The models can process large amounts of text and learn to perform natural language processing tasks very effectively and successfully.
- ChatGPT is built on the GPT-3 model, making it the largest language model ever trained during the technological revolution.
- ChatGPT works by “training” a large amount of text. The GPT-3 model has been trained on over 8 million documents and over 10 billion words! Through this training, the model learns to perform natural language processing tasks and generate coherent, well-coordinated text. Thus, the user will be able to use ChatGPT to perform a wide range of tasks, Although complex ones.
- ChatGPT is still in its infancy however it is the most important leap and the most important technological development during these years. And in the future, it will develop because it is now initially giving you free information, but in return, it benefits from your participation in the information you enter for it. Then, it records all this data through its data bank or data warehouse, studies, and analyzes it. It will develop the level and efficiency of this program and it will turn into a search and information summarization tool on the Internet.
ChatGPT has been designed to interact with users and provide detailed answers to them and even remember all the questions asked previously and during the same session so that the dialogue appears as if it is between two people in a continuous conversation. Plus it allows users to correct mistakes, and apologizes for them!
Steps to register in ChatGPT:
- Open an Open AI account from Openai
- From the bottom of the page, click on ChatGPT
- Click sign up
- Enter your email address or a Google account
- Choose the account you want to register with
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter your phone number
Note: If you see a message in red, the country you reside in is not allowed to use the app. In this case, there are two ways to be able to use ChatGPT, either you download a VPN program or download a VPN extension on the browser.
- Or create a foreign number from the countries where the application is allowed to be used.
- Log in to ChatGPT and start using the app.
Advantages and disadvantages of ChatGPT
The popularity of ChatGPT may now prevent you from mentioning its well-known features. namely:
- It is available to everyone for free
- Supports more than one language
- Save time and effort searching for specific and complex information
- It is based on artificial intelligence and is the best tool to answer user questions
- Continuous improvement of the tool through self-learning technology
- It analyzes the data very well
- An approach to human language and creativity
- Organizing and coordinating the answer and listing the information
- High-quality and professional production
- The ability to go on and remember while chatting
- Despite the power and effectiveness of this amazing program, it has some drawbacks that need to be clarified:
Limitations: That is, the ChatGPT program has a limited capacity for information, as it was trained until the year 2021, so everything that happened and new information and knowledge in the world after this time will not be known to ChatGPT.
No reference: The difficulty of documenting information from real, approved references and sources, where if the user resorted to it to write an article or research on a topic, he would not be able to identify his references and document his research sources. There is no tool to detect whether the content presented is plagiarized or original.
Lack of privacy: The company stated clearly that the chat is not encrypted and will be available to developers of the company to improve the service.
Unavailability of the service in some countries: The solution is through VPN programs until your network address changes to a country in which the tool is available to use, or by obtaining American and foreign numbers to send the activation code to them.
Difference between chatbots and ChatGPT
- ChatGPT is not the first service in the field of artificial intelligence to provide such technology in answering questions and providing information. There were AI-based tools before ChatGPT, such as chatbots, Alexa and Google Assistant, and even Siri on the iPhone.
- Chatbots is a chatbot service based on artificial intelligence technologies known as a virtual assistant, as it provides users with specific answers to the most frequently asked questions among them. And the language in it is limited and automatic, not like the pattern of human communication.
- The chatbot relies on machine learning to help users understand some of the procedures or instructions required before making any decision or requesting a transaction. It is also used as a means to facilitate work in government departments and educational and commercial institutions. Such as automatic response services to users’ inquiries in telecommunications companies, banks, and customer services.
- “ChatGPT” is a service developed for artificial intelligence applications, which is similar to the Google search engine, so that the user can obtain detailed answers in a wide variety of fields. ChatGPT is based on the chat system with the user and is characterized by the nature of human communication.
- ChatGPT is used to facilitate human life and provide solutions to complex questions and difficult problems. Such as research, studies, business, relationships, and consulting. It’s like a giant technological genie that says to the user, “You’re welcome!”
The importance of ChatGPT in the field of digital marketing:
With open AI developing tools to create and edit images, paintings, music, and more, ChatGPT will have a bright future, and this will endanger Google and perhaps social media platforms as well.
There is no doubt that the ChatGPT program is a quantum leap, which is distinguished and unique from other applications of artificial intelligence.
The field of artificial intelligence is based on data that has been collected and stored since the history of the Internet and the digital world. It is then based on a deep analysis of the searches made by the users.
From this context, we may include several things:
- The acceleration of technological development will depend on providing more tools that will help people perform their practical tasks with the fastest and best result.
- ChatGPT, like its counterpart Google, is the beginning of a huge area of the presence of the audience and thus exploits this crowd for the benefit of business and marketing.
- ChatGPT will provide the field of digital marketing with fast, effective, and cost-effective solutions, in terms of creating plans, strategies, content, and ideas to improve performance.
- Artificial intelligence technology will increase opportunities for creativity and abundant productivity of text and visual content and facilitate the preparation of marketing campaigns, from planning to measuring and analyzing results.
Role of ChatGPT in Digital Marketing Industry
- Content writing
- Create plans and digital strategies
- Search engine optimization
- Email campaigns
- Digital ads and digital campaigns
- Digital marketing automation
- Influencer marketing
Characteristics that distinguish it is writing in a smooth and clear manner.
It is true that there are some lapses and you will find that there is a clear weakness in the outcome of the content, but this does not mean that we cannot benefit from this tool!
These are the most important aspects that ChatGPT can help you with in writing and creating content :
Generate new ideas: ChatGPT can help you by coming up with attractive ideas for your content, depending on your target audience and the topic you want to write about.
Writing Paragraphs and Articles: From headlines to long articles, ChatGPT can help you write content by simply mentioning the topic or asking several questions and putting them together!
Writing Social Media Posts: Decide on the number of characters, subject, how many posts you want and let the bot do the rest. You can request tweets for Twitter or even posts for Facebook or LinkedIn etc.
CV creation: Just mention your fields of work and years of experience and ChatGPT will take care of the rest.
Newsletters: ChatGPT can write very effective email newsletters, which are sure to help you increase your conversion rate.
Proofreading : Yes, ChatGPT can do proofreading, but this does not mean that it is 100% correct. You will certainly find some linguistic errors or even inconsistencies in the text, but you can rely on it.
It’s important to realize that ChatGPT is a machine by the end of the day and is used as a tool to help write and generate ideas, not as a resource for content creation.
Create plans and digital strategies
Chat GPT helps you build a digital marketing plan or digital marketing strategy by stating the steps correctly. You can also ask about each step in detail or even provide more accurate information to create a clear and detailed plan or strategy.
Here are some questions you can ask ChatGPT:
- What are the digital marketing strategy tools?
- What are the sections of a digital marketing plan?
- How do I create a digital marketing plan for a tire company in India?
- What is the best platform for digital marketing in a specific field?
- The list goes on! To get enough answers, remember to ask precise questions with details!
Search Engine Optimization
ChatGPT can greatly assist you in improving search results (SEO), due to the presence of the technical aspect in these processes, or what is called technical SEO .
Here are the most important aspects of SEO that ChatGPT can help you with:
- Find the most important keywords
- Internal SEO elements
- Write titles and descriptive tags
- Analysis and follow-up of website performance
- Building backlinks
- Optimize and write alt text for images and videos
- Website speed improvement
- Generate and add code (encoder) for structured snippets
- Help Create your robot’s website Robot.txt file
- Create and add a sitemap
- Linking the site with the Google Search Console webmaster tool
- Linking the site with external tools such as (Google Analytics)
Local SEO assistance
Suggest the most important SEO tools that you can use.
All this and we are still in the discovery phase of this super robot! My advice is if you are facing a technical problem with your website, you should try ChatGPT.
In the first section of this article, I mentioned that chatbots can write newsletters! Not only that, but you can make the most of it in your email campaigns through:
- Build and categorize your email list
- Writing, Designing and advertising email campaigns
- Create a clear strategy for email campaigns
- Help automate your email campaign with the help of external tools
- Follow-up and improve the performance of electronic campaigns
- Conduct various experiments to determine the most efficient campaigns
- Stay up-to-date with the news and the world of mailing campaigns
- Ensure that the mail sent is subject to the terms and conditions such as CAN-SPAM
Digital Ads and Digital Campaigns
There are many aspects that a ChatGPT can help you with when talking about digital advertising in its various forms, here are the most important ones:
- Choose the right advertising platform for your business
- Determine the target audience
- Identify and choose the appropriate target keywords
- Assistance in creating an advertising account on any platform
- Create advertising campaigns in the right way
- Writing endless options for promotional texts in all its forms
- Analyze and evaluate campaign performance
- Create retargeting campaigns
- Link and verify the conversion code (Conversion/Pixel Code)
- Conducting various experiments to analyze performance
- Create and analyze advertisement reports
- Stay up-to-date with the latest digital advertising updates
Digital marketing automation
Marketing automation refers to the use of software and technology to automate and simplify marketing tasks and processes. Here are some of the ways ChatGPT can help you automate your marketing:
- Determine the right marketing automation tools for your business
- Preparing and configuring marketing automation tools
- Create a proper workflow plan
- Follow-up and analysis in order to improve performance
We all know the importance of celebrity or influencer marketing and its positive effects on digital marketing campaigns!
Chat GPT can help you with this process as well:
- Choose and select the right celebrity for your business
- Write the offer you would like to put to them and the details of the agreement
- Suggest some methods and conditions to facilitate negotiations
- Analyzing and following up the performance of celebrity campaigns
Let us fetch to the conclusion
ChatGPT can drive into many areas and can help you with programming, writing, and debugging code. Moreover, It can help you with decoration, design, creative ideas, storytelling, and great music. Not to mention its ability to answer business, marketing, and technical questions, in multiple languages.
But it is necessary to keep in mind that the ChatGPT site should be used intelligently, by placing it in the right place and making use of it appropriately. It is only an auxiliary tool, not the main one, in creating content. As we used to hear earlier during school, “Don’t use the calculator so you don’t get stupid.” It is the same with any advanced tool, no matter how it is, that will not distract you from enjoying your mental and creative capabilities.
The best analytics platform is your comprehensive guide to everything you need to know about digital marketing and technological development in the era of artificial intelligence (AI).
And always remember, this robot is an assistant, not a replacement!